I can't make or receive calls or texts
If you're having trouble making calls or sending texts from your phone, try the following:
1. Check that airplane mode is turned off
If you're not sure how to do this, please check your device manufacturer's website.
2. Check that you've got the right call and text add-on.
If you're trying to make a call or send a text within Australia or to an international number (from Australia), you'll need to add these add-on services to your service plan.
Please note that Belong doesn't offer calls or texts to premium numbers including 1900 numbers, 1234, 12455, 12456 and satellite numbers. To check that you've got the right call and text add-on, head to Manage on your Belong App to check your add-ons.
We also don't offer International Roaming so if you wish to make calls and texts while overseas, you'll need to use another provider's SIM.
3. Check your software is up to date.
Make sure your device is using the most up-to-date software.
4. Check that your monthly payments are up to date.
If you're not up to date on your payments, your service may have been limited. Please head to the Payments section of your Belong mobile app, or via your Belong account to pay any outstanding amounts.
5. Turn your phone off, wait a minute, then turn it back on again.
There may be an issue with your device - often these can be solved by powering off, waiting for a minute or two, and powering back on again. If you think you have a device issue and this doesn't fix it, please visit your manufacturer's website.
Things you should know: Note down the date, time and type of communication you attempted (call or text) and if none of the other troubleshooting tips has worked, include this information when you contact us via the Create Support Request button at the bottom of this article.
6. Try another device
To confirm it's not your device, try inserting your Belong SIM into another device to see if you can make calls and send texts.
7. Check your device settings
- Do not disturb is enabled. If so, make sure manual and schedule are toggled off.
- Check for blocked numbers. If the number you're trying to communicate with is blocked, disable the action.
- Check you don't have call forwarding enabled
- Check your contacts information is correct
8. Your device was purchased overseas
Not all handsets available on the global market are supported by mobile operators in Australia. Many handsets purchased overseas were not conditioned for the Australian market and may not work.
9. Check the map for coverage in your area.
View the Belong Coverage Map to check for coverage in your area.
10. Check your network settings
Reset your settings:
- Got to Settings
- Select General
- Tap Reset
- Finally, choose Reset Network Settings
Doing this will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.
If that didn't fix the issue and you can place calls but still can't receive them, you will have to perform a backup/restore of your device. For help on performing a backup and restore please contact your device manufacturer.
Switch to a different network band:
- Go to Settings
- Tap Cellular
- Select Cellular Data Options
- Next, choose to either Enable LTE or turn off Enable LTE, 4G or 3G (this option will depend on your carrier and device model). Check you haven't turned on manual network selection and are out of range of the selected network.
11. Other reasons you might not be able to make calls
- If you're new to Belong, your number might not have ported/transferred across correctly. If you think that's the problem, contact support and we'll look into it for you.
- There could be a problem with whomever it is you're trying to reach network, service or device.
- There may be a temporary network problem.
12. You're still having problems
If you're still having problems, contact support and we'll look into it for you.